Monday, April 16, 2012

it's monday and i'm moving on...

...until i'm not and the blues come back.
So, we all have our moments, right? Good moments, not-so-good moments. And so we laugh or cry or freak out or bury ourselves on the sofa under a pile of thrifted vintage blankets and quilts, watching bad television on Netflix whilst possibly indulging in a half dozen or so Vanilla Jo-Jos and then Monday hits and we move on. We have to. The world doesn't stop spinning even though we wish it would. When I wrote out my sad-sack of a bottomless post on Friday, I was mighty fearful readers would think I was fishing for love and while the love does indeed keep a gal going, I posted the bottomless wallow as a way to connect and share, to keep me honest. It also helps me immensely to release those feelings and get them out of my heart even if they return on a regular basis. It's good for the soul. Good for mine at least.
 
And now it is Monday, time to move forward. Time to wash my face and put a smile on. Things aren't always gloomy-doom around here, there are good things. On Friday, we went on a rainy day wander where I became entranced with the large snails slowly making their way from one side of the trail to the other. We lunched with family at a favorite burger joint, hung out with the nephew a-go-go and picked up root beer float fixings (there's a tiny story to that I may remember to write about later). We watched good movies and bad movies, ran errands and spent the weekend out and about. Today I had work and even though there was an incident that involved a tiny overflowing toilet and a wonky mop it also involved kiddos racing to fit themselves into my lap. Tonight is breakfast for dinner night at the homestead and I am bringing homemade beer bread. The ukes will come out and the visit will be dandy.
Tomorrow I will finish projects and call my sister back. I haven't had time to plug into the phone and she is at the top of my list. Oh and did I tell you, I got my hair cut? Chopped it off and am loving it except for right now at this moment I look like a deranged mall walker or something. Oy. Tomorrow I will have some crafty pretty to share. Happy Monday and thank you for you!

1 comment:

  1. I just read the post you wrote on April 13th and thought to share this blog post with you
    http://shuttersisters.com/home/2012/3/7/how-to-live.html
    The Shutter Sisters are amazing people and this post is particularly meaningful to me. I often ask myself "how to live", not sure I got the answer yet.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete