Tuesday, March 13, 2012

i've got chills

I've been sick off and on since last week. A weird kind of ick that has me feeling almost fluish. There are chills and fever that come and go and intense sleepiness, the kind where I sleep for fourteen hours and then feel swell for a day or two before I'm walloped all over again. Yeesh. One of the things I tend to do (more of) when I'm sick is babble...out loud...to myself. It doesn't matter if I'm home alone or out in public, I babble. Babble, babble, babble. When I catch myself in public, I crack myself up.

Yesterday was one of those ick days. I woke up fine and went to work and watched the kiddos. By the end of my shift, I was ravenous. I hit up Target to pick up my inhaler and some milk. As I waited for my prescription, I felt my energy level plummet. My body grew so very tired and I began to ache, ache, ache. by the time I made it back to the car, all I wanted to do was eat something. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was sleep. I heated up a horrific microwavable lunch and managed two bites before I grew completely disgusted. If I wasn't menopausal and you know...infertile, I would swear I was pregnant. I tried watching a netflix dvd but kept dozing off so I admitted defeat and crawled into bed.

The mister came home from work and made me a smoothie. I fell asleep again and slept until this morning. No more fever, no more chills and I'm not at all sleepy. I'm tired but not sleepy. My body seems to be really attractive to viruses. I hope this one goes away.

1 comment:

  1. "...they're multiplyin', and I'm losin' control
    Cause the power you're supplyin', it's electrifyin'..."