Friday, March 30, 2012

achoo!

 The allergies are still mucking up the brain big time. I can't really fathom what I did this week outside of work at the preschool but I do know my brain has been overflowing with ideas. Ideas that appear to simply float about the noggin in a safe bubble with no need to escape at all. Sigh. I did not craft a single thing up...I did however bake some gingerbread birthday goodness for a sister-a-go-go, so I suppose that is something, right?

I am reading a fabulous book that is so engaging to me it is difficult to put down. It's not your normal kind of read so when I tell people the title they tend to look at me as if to say "Riiiiiight, enjoy your...book?" Anyhow, if you are at all interested in progressive education and/or democratic classrooms, I highly recommend The Discipline of Hope by Herbert Kohl who is, by the way, an amazing writer of quite a few books. While it is awesome and amazing, it makes me very sad and wanting of a kindred spirit to talk to about these ideas and such. And cue another sigh.
Last week I saw The Hunger Games with a group of new gals and while I enjoyed the movie muchly, I really wanted to steal away with all the dresses from District 12. I am a sucker for calico. And since this paragraph seems to be about confessions I have to admit that this week has been all about jordan almonds and bad t.v. I really wish I could have my nose back. This whole not smelling things is a bummer and there is really not much I fancy right now other than salty or sweet and what good is that?

Reading the above makes me feel a smidge hopeless over the integrity of this post. My blog has been lackluster as of late and I'm still trying to figure out if I am through with this business of blogging. Probably not as I really need the validation of any little thing I can get and yet I am quite moody and blue that I have been doing this for a decade and I see my projects and pics reposted all over the web and back and yet I've nothing to show for it. Cue a wee fit as I clench my fists and stomp about in a very whiny way and proceed to sigh. I'm a mess. A sad mess. And I feel so small and childish and churlish and all assortments of other ish and I'm wondering what pics will look pretty and cohesive to this post. Not a clue....not a clue.**

Thank goodness I can still laugh at myself. Thank goodness for that...and bread. Fresh baked crusty bread with melty butter and black pepper on top. No, wait...with butter and homemade jam on top. No...wait...with tomatoes marinated in balsamic, garlic and olive oil on top. Man, I wish I had some crusty bread...

**I went with random pretty. I hope it works...

5 comments:

  1. you know I'm always up for talking about education!! I'll look for that one! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. okee dokee...Kreuzberg? Soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stomp away.....I know how you feel, I may just stomp along with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Effie, perhaps it is time to Stomp the Yard? ;)

      Delete
  4. I love the water coloured circle garland! I need to get a circle punch so I can do that, so pretty!

    For selfish reasons I hope you keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete