Monday, February 13, 2012

yesterday was a good day

 Thank you for the good love and wishes. Really and truly, I have been so anxious and scared and lost and it helps to simply put my thoughts out there and received good thoughts back. The mister drove all the way back up to SLO last night and I was a wreck waiting for his call. He'll be driving back down today and we'll be staying, staying, staying. The positive news is that my brother was extubated yesterday with success. I have not heard word from the hospital since we left so I am hoping that this is still the case. My oldest friend and I were in his room keeping him company and he really began to respond to the sounds and voices around him. his nurse got him to open his eyes, nod his head and squeeze his hand they decided he was pretty close to being on his own and the doctor on duty was called in. We removed ourselves from the room both to give them space, my brother privacy and me the freedom to not see bow awful the experience as going to be. I think he fought it as when we returned, his nurse had a large knot on her head. Oh brother! But...yay, he is breathing without the respirator! He was still super groggy but with his eyes opening and a lot of mumble mumble. His personality still shines through all those drugs and we were one joyous little party in that room. My gal is going to be picking me up for a squeeze and a chauffer and I will be at the hospital until mister returns from up north or I finagle someone else to pick me up or bring me food or steal me away. Thank you again for all of your support both near, far and new. You gotta love this tech world we're in, thank you!


  1. Oh thank God the news is good. hang in there jek and brother!

  2. Anonymous12:04 PM

    Blessings and love to you jekky girl, and your brother. Angels are watching you all!!

    Yer anonymous friend!

  3. That is so good to hear! Take care.

  4. Jek, I've been having trouble posting, but wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you and your brother ever since you posted about his situation. I am so glad to hear that he is doing better. Best wishes for his continued recovery.