Monday, January 16, 2012

my go to quick bread recipe*

*3 mashed bananas
*1/4 cup oil
*1/2 cup brown sugar
*1/2 cup sugar
*2 eggs
*2 cups flour
*1 tsp baking soda
*1/4 tsp baking powder
*1-2 tsp cinnamon
*1/4 cup flax meal
*1/2 cup chopped pecans
*a whole lotta chocolate chips

Blend well, bake at 350 (in a greased/floured pan) until toothpick comes clean (around 45 minutes or so) and enjoy warm with a cuppa tea.

I made this bread on Thursday. I really needed to feel productive and there were three very sorry looking bananas camping out on top of the microwave. The casa was chilly and so I mashed away and stirred and poured and then while it baked I called a friend and enjoyed a happy phone call. I am so not a phone person. I enjoyed a slice fresh from the oven and then chopped up the rest for our mini road trip. The mister has already devoured three slices. Good thing I hid the box for the car. Enjoy!

**sometimes I use canned pumpkin instead of bananas and sometimes I steam and mash up a sweet potato. I always add cinnamon. It is so good!

1 comment:

  1. Confession: I usually hate to both bake and eat banana bread, but after trying this recipe, I'm now a fan of banana bread! I'd never baked with flax seed meal, and we just happened to have so on hand because we wanted to try it, and I had some pretty sad looking bananas hanging out as well, so I thought, "Hey, why not?" I also used some orange sugared pecans we received as a Christmas gift and weren't thrilled about. SO glad I made this! It was gone in two days! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete