Saturday, December 17, 2011

pinterest pretty: whiskey marshmallow bacon bark

 I have quite a pretty Pinterest collection (at least, I like to think so). It's not hard really what with all the pretty that is out there. From crafty bits to home decor to happy recipes, there is an overflow of fun floating about (with proper credits, of course). This week, rather than tackle the mondo pile of boxes full of fabric and bits, I thought I would bake up goodies bags for my co-workers at job-o number one. Not wanting to bake up cookies (even though I am a master cookie baker) I thought I would go for something a bit more fancy when I spotted this pin on Pinterest and immediately added it to my holiday list. I had all the ingredients save for the whiskey and since I think whiskey is a good bit o' booze to have on hand, I hit up the market for a bottle of Honey Jack (so good!) and got to work.
 
This crazy bark is amazing. Addicting amazing, but the effort results in such little yield I'm not sure I will make it again, anytime soon. Nest time I make it though, I am going to skip the meringue part and just add the crumpled bacon to the top, no sugar glaze, just salty bacon. Recipe can be found here at Endless Simmer. Enjoy!
 

4 comments:

  1. Shoot, Jek, I got a little concerned when I saw "whiskey" in the title ("in a baked good?" I asked myself), but then I saw the mention of bacon, and that somehow made it all good....whew! I mean, REALLY, what's not to love about bacon?! I'll throw down for bacon any ol' day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee...i forgot the part where there is homemade caramel sauce....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your co-workers are gonna love it! Who wouldn't love Christmas treats adorned with bacon? It sounds DIVINE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bacon is the new owl

    ReplyDelete