Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Bundt Day!

 For National Bundt Day I baked up a ginger-ale cake. Not wanting to use a box mix for my cake or a zillion eggs, I made up my own recipe that the mister seems to like as much as I do and since he is the one with the working sniffer then I think it's a keeper.

Ginger Ale Bundt Cake a-go-go
*1 cup sugar
*1/2 cup brown sugar
*1/2 cup unsalted butter
*2 eggs
*1 cup ginger ale
*3 cups flour (more or less as needed)
*1 1/2 tsp baking soda
*dash o salt
*1 tsp ginger
*grind or two black pepper

Cream butter and sugar until it sticks together. It gets crumbly, just keep mixing it up. Add eggs and beat for three minutes. Add half the ginger ale and mix. Mixture will appear curdled. Fold in half flour mixture then remaining ginger ale then the rest of the flour mixture. I cannot remember exactly how much flour I used. I know I used more than two cups, eeps!

Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes (or until toothpick comes out crumb free) at 375 degrees F. My cake got a smidge overbaked so keep an eye on yours.

Once cake is cool, make your glaze and drizzle over the top. I tend to wing it and was a little impatient so my glaze is a bit lumpy. I used about 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of ginger ale and a teaspoon of black pepper. It's spicy!
For thirty awesome recipes, hop on over to The Food Librarian's blog and check out her I Like Big Bundts: 30 Days of Bundt Cakes. I need to try that eggnog cake!


1 comment:

  1. This cake sounds great! I love ginger ale, and I love ginger cake...so this is pretty much perfect to me! :)

    ReplyDelete