Friday, September 16, 2011

time out at the confessional

I would have a confessional for ya if my brain weren't mush from all the chills, sore throatiness and nose runniness of my first sick of the season. I suppose it was inevitable working with kiddos and all but man, I've been whallopped BIG time. It's been a long while since I've been really sickity sick and I am not a fan. I've been loading up on ginger ale and hot tea and the mister hied off to the store for a new bottle o' rum and the softest tissues he could muster. I slept quite poorly last night and now I am quite cranky and above average bored. I feel too poorly to even wrap my head around a clever post or fill in the happy new yellow shelves mister built for behind the sofa. I'm even cranky enough to NOT wanna watch anymore Gilmore Girls and since we don't have a television, I'm stuck with Gilmore Girls or Jillian Mitchell's 30 Day Shred and I'm not sure I can handle any shredding at this juncture.

Back to the sofa I shall go (our internet cable dealio is only two feet long, keeping us tethered to a very lackluster part of the new tiny casa). Seriously, I am sitting in a thrifted chair using an old orange crate as a laptop table, elbows digging into my knees and shoulders all scrunchy scrunched for a fix. I think I need a nap, or some pie. Drats. Nap it is...happy friday folks!


  1. Aw. Feel better! I am a huge fan of slathering my red and ouchy nose with Neosporin before going to bed when I'm sick. Usually heals it all up by morning.

  2. Gosh... take care of yourself. Lots of fluids and cozy blankets.
    Hope you feel better soon !