Thursday, August 18, 2011

yesterday...

color palette
I tried to wrap my head around a project I had pitched to craft that is due next week. I tend to mull over an idea in the noggin until that magic A-HA moment and then I get cracking. Sometimes though, I'll write it all out and everything is smooth. This wasn't one of those times.
It made a lot of sense to me and it even cracked me up but I think maybe it was too centric to growing up in Los Angeles in the 80s. I had some nifty repurposed fabrics for it and everything. Sadly, words weren't coming to me and neither was the reality of what I pictured. Don't you hate when that happens?
frozen goodness
So in a last ditch effort (since I do have a project due) I sat and thought and thunk and thought some more until I could come up with a new (and improved) A-HA moment and I did and I made it and photographed it and now, now all I have to do is find the words for the steps and the intro...
playing with the leftovers
In between and after all that thinking and making I made a delicious cucumber, red onion and cabbage salad, worked on a jig-saw puzzle with the mister and the goose, added some new (old) tunes to the laptop, hit up Foster's Freeze for a most delicious cherry milkshake and watched three episodes of Doctor Who...in a row.

Not bad for a day where I thought I had lost all my productivity. And yes, milkshakes totally count.

No comments:

Post a Comment