Wednesday, June 08, 2011

recipe: cake batter fudge

I know, STILL with the cake batter? Oy! I really can't seem to help myself and I have two, maybe three more recipes heading your way. This too is a pinterest find that I forgot to pin then couldn't find but then found through a long date with google. Phew!
This appears to be a no-fail fudge recipe. I lucked out and found honest-to-goodness white chocolate chips at the supermarket. The kind with REAL cocoa-butter. Go Safeway!
So ya melt a bag o' chips in the microwave then you melt a tub of frosting and mix it up.
To make this batch all cake-batter-y, I added a quarter cup of yellow cake mix and a healthy smattering of rainbow sprinkles.
Let it set in the fridge and then eat. But before you do so, use a tiny biscuit cutter to cut a tiny round piece and photograph like the crazy lady you are.
This combo was scary sweet and we couldn't finish it. Mister took it to work and even they couldn't handle it. Next time I will use more cake batter and buttercream or cream cheese frosting instead of fluffy white. But I'm already thinking of a chocolatey version that involves crystallized ginger and sea salt but not together.


  1. i would like to bring this to my pastry class tonight. ;) i love it.

  2. Cake batter? Good. Fudge? Good. Cake batter fudge would be good multiplied by a hundred times. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday and I'd love it if you come by and link your fudge up.

  3. i wish there were a vegan version!!

  4. Oh this sounds like heaven!