Saturday, May 14, 2011

what's for dinner: lentil tacos via The Chubby Vegetarian

I probably subscribe to too many blogs. There are days when the sheer number of unread posts throw me into a panic because I cannot seem to catch-up. On those days, I take a deep (a very, very deep) breath and click the Mark as Read button and pretend I have read them all.  But then there are those days when I dance from favorite to favorite in anticipation of something inspiring, happy or pin worthy.
Lately, I  have been on a recipe kick. What's even better is that I have actually been cooking from those recipes.  Two weeks ago, I even planned a menu a la Tara and stuck to it. I have pics to prove it. I do. I was going to do a single post about it all but I think I'll drag it out and feature each dinner on its own. So for now, you get this...Smoky Lentil Tacos from The Chubby Vegetarian. The only thing missing was the sour cream (I'm not a big sour cream fan) and smoked habanera and sun dried tomatoes. I doubled up on chili powder instead and used your average-run-of-the-mill sundried tomaters and I tell ya they were delicious! Click on the links for the recipe and click here to peek at my foodie pin-board. It's time for dinner!

3 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I love lentils, will definitely be making these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! They look great!

    TCV

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks TVC. they are now a favorite and I think i will have to try the poundcake next!

    ReplyDelete