Friday, March 11, 2011

birthday getaway: breaking out the yarn

Because sometimes, we actually do cross things off a list.
It took a couple cups of coffee and the first fifteen minutes or so of Pee-Wee's Big Adventure to get us ready for some yarn action.
While I did not actually accomplish a granny square, I did fit another piece of the puzzle that is crochet into place. Someday, everything will click and I'll be rocking the granny squares, for now I am tickled to have friends who will get busy for me.
It helps too that I scored the most AMAZING crocheted bedspread ever at the magic thrift. It will tide me over while Girlie-o number two gets to grannie-ing. Oh Blue you are the dolliest of dolls. THANK YOU!


  1. gah! enormous bloaty man-hands! (mine)

    yours in the realm of the fiber-challenged,

  2. Oh, you'll get it just fine! It took me several tries, and I didn't have anyone to teach me.