Monday, January 24, 2011

the week in review: jan 17-23

I'm not really sure what to write in regards to last week. There was much of the same old, same old going on. I worked on articles, the mister built instruments...we went on a hike, watched movies and generally had a good time but there was a funk in the air. A funkified funk that weighed heavily on our shoulders. while we appreciate the freedom and time we have currently, we cannot help but feel overwhelmed at the lack of job prospects. Even good old fashioned retail doesn't seem to want me and so I stewed in a funky funk and then let the internet make me feel all less than less than and you know how that goes. Sigh. I'm still feeling sheepish and peevish and all sorts of other ishes but I'll keep on keeping on...

click hereto get more details about the week. It wasn't a bad week by any means, it was just a bad week for feeling good about ourselves. I hope this week is better for you, for me, for anyone who needs it. Phew!

4 comments:

  1. Lovin' the hat and shawl/wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the job hunt. I figured it would be very easy to find something in nonprofit, maybe part time, in San Francisco. I only apply to the jobs where I have the exact qualifications, but I've only had one interview, and no job offers. It is discouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are in the Santa Cruz area the prospects might be grim because it's a college town. They probably hire a lot of part time student employees.

    My friend lives there and works as a sign language interpreter for special education in San Jose. She works part time at a health food store in Santa Cruz. She loves it there, but the cost of housing is high.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this world makes no sense sometimes.

    i don't even 'know' you. but what i do know, is that you are beyond talented. seriously. a creative genius. people should be lined up at your door.

    just follow your heart. it may not be easy ... but you are destined for greatnest.

    ReplyDelete