Monday, September 06, 2010

the week in review: august 30-september 5

last week was chock full of hugs, squeeze, goood visits and ice cream. we left los angeles for slo on thursday where we met up with the danny boy who is no longer the young lad we knew. he's almost taller than mr. a-go-go and has facial hair to boot, gosh kiddo, we do adore you and hope you come up soon for a visit. back in slo we wandered around the valley with a sister a-go-go, hung out in morro bay, enjoyed some pretty tasty fish & chips and blackberry crumble. we rode our bikes into town in search of soba noodles and checked out an old fashioned threshing bee. a pretty good week mehtinks. a pretty good week. this week we get back to job hunting and project finishing. may your september be a happy one!

6 comments:

  1. I think I enjoy your lives almost as much as you do. Unfortunately I started high school today, and if today is any indicator of what lies ahead... Well, let's just imagine what I might say if I was older... "I'm ________." rhymes with rude. Thank goodness I have you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum was none too happy about the comment I left. She's right, you've created a fun, sweet place here and in my atempt to be funny I sullied it. I should have said I'm doomed, or someone save me. I'm sorry; can't blame it on age because I do know better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear younf friend,

    we do not feel the sully but understand the attention. high school & junior high was hardly a grand time in our lives...dude. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for understanding, so it gets better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you get stronger and find good people. there will always be unkind (ignorant, stupid) people out there. all you need is one really. it does get better. hang in there, stand your ground, simply be the you you are. sometimes those of us that are the strongest truest selves have it the hardest. we need a secret handshake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may now add motivational speaker to your resume. Thank you, it means the world to me. The need to belong is never more evident than when surrounded by those who do not get you, but your words have given me some much needed strength. I shall get up at ungodly hour and do my thing and hopefully attract those who are suppose to be in my life. Why is giving advice so much easier than taking it?

    ReplyDelete