Tuesday, September 14, 2010


the job hunt is not smooth sailing. but that is to be expected, right? i'm totally clueless on some positions, over qualified for others and feeling all sad racoony and lame. my head is full of ideas, full of projects i would like to work on and brainstorms of "wouldn't it be great if..." plans.

you know those people who are all positive energy with go-get-em attitudes? are you one of those? you know, the kind of person who thinks "i can do that" and then you do? you even turn it into something completely fantastic and it becomes your career? or you apply for a job that sounds interesting even though you have no idea how to do it and you jump in, head under the water and succeed? how do you do that? how do you, they, them have that special brain power that propels you/them forward? why do i lack that magic power? it's baffling to me, it really is. on the one hand i see how i can do amazing things but on the other hand i feel like maybe i should just hide under the bed and make friends with the dust bunnies...that is, if i had a bed of my own to hide under. i'm not all woe is me, i'm just thinking out loud and wondering, maybe wishing upon stars and keeping my fingers crossed. until then, i will putter on, making the days seem sweeter with whipped cream on top.


  1. You can't have the dust bunnies, I'm already under here & they're "mine, you understand? Mine, mine! All mine! Go, go, go! Mine, do you hear me? Out, out, out! Mine, mine, mine! Go away! There's only enough for me!" (to quote my favorite duck.)

    PS- you can do anything, I believe in you.

  2. beee-ooo-woop!

    heehee...how 'bout the dust vampire bunnies? ;)

  3. That's a tough question. I think that when you outwardly project creativity and inspire others, people expect you to have that "special brain power". To the world you may seem to have that positive energy, go-get-em, dive right in ability, but inside I think most people still worry and panic and think they should hide-out.

    So what I'm saying is that I think it's a matter of how much self-confidence you have. No one is totally dive-right-in-with-no-idea-and-no-worry, but some people are willing to try a little sooner than others.

    You can do it! Don't hide. Go out and find the perfect job for you!

  4. Why is it - I always feel like you are the one doing things, getting things done? I am not. I am stuck in the road. For me, school. More school for you? Another helping? You can and will do it!

  5. We may be living parallel lives at the moment. Today I totally considered the under the bed option...but all my Christmas storage is under there.

    I have to believe it'll get better. For both of us.


  6. you can have the vampire bunnies ;)

  7. I actually know the answer to this one! It is the complete opposite of what you think. They have no special brain power, they actually do NOT think about it. No, I'm serious. If "they" actually thought about it then "they" too would think themselves right out of it as "we" do. So they go in blind and it never occurs to them that they are going to fail, because they are just oblivious to it all. It's what I call the Paris Hilton syndrome. She is in her own world, she doesn't think about consequences, she doesn't think down the road... she just does. Now another thing that "they" do that we don't is "they" just move on. If something doesn't work out for them, and it does happen we just never hear about it because "they" don't dwell "they" are already onto the next thing. "They" are not dumb by any means, but "they" never think it out "they" just do. If this makes no sense I'll get my mum involved she can explain it better.

  8. sorry to hear things aren't so hot at the moment. Sending some 'positive thoughts' your way.