Monday, February 08, 2010

ten garlands in ten days: day five


once again, goin' with what i have piling up around the tiny casa, today's garland can be prettied up in all sorts of ways. here's what i used...

*happy straws (paper & plastic)
*bakers twine
*scalloped punch
*pages from a music book
*glue stick


i used a combo of paper punches and straw pieces, keeping the paper punches to the outer edges so that i had something to sandwich over the looped ends.

there are three garlands here. each one is about a yard in length. hanging them in a group makes for some happy garland lurve.

they also make a very nice necklace. happy monday!

4 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to start cutting out the hearts on my Diet Coke cans. Unfortunately, not every can in the 12 pack haa a heart :/ I wish I knew that before I recycled the first couple. Looking forward to #6 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if they don't have their own heart, cut one for them! :)

    oooh...you can punch out hearts with a craft punch, edge them in foil and make little charms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek! I'm in love, you've made me want to make a *million* of these! :)
    oxox
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, man, i LOVE this. garlands, garlands, how do i love thee....

    ReplyDelete