Wednesday, January 27, 2010

today: jan 27

today i...

spent too much time on the phone with doctor types

had a good cry
listened to happy tunes

got swept away for lunch
fell in love with licorice tea

put on new lipstick
washed a sink full of dishes

wore happy colors
was featured on

said hello to a happy sky
started yet another round of meds

i did not think. i did not write. i did not practice anything of any kind. i think it is time for more tea and this book by this farmer girl. i hope tomorrow is a better day for simply breathing. stupid stupid allergies.


  1. I haven't read what aggravates your allergies, but I gather you are considering leaving the LA area? I have a coworker who got out of there over 20 years ago just for that reason. She had asthma so bad that it was get out or die and early death.

    Have you considered New Mexico? I was there this past June and the found the air to be amazing. My sinuses had never felt so good.

    Just dreaming for you!

  2. oh, it's not's just INSANE dust. being a collector of kitsch doesn't help. i need to reshape my favorite things and such. but really, the dust is awful, awful!

    thank you m'lady! right back at ya!

  3. You have such fantastic style!!

    Love the new lipstick (I do envy a woman who can wear red like that.)

    Love the happy colors!

    I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

  4. except for stardust... maybe...
    your diaries are a beauty juice!!

  5. I hear ya! i am a chronic allergy sufferer all year through, dust, pollen, mildew, trees, plants, animals, perfumes...I seem to be super sensitive to it all. It's very frustrating.
    thank you for sharing snippets of your day :) xx

  6. I can relate to allergies too! You may have heard of this, but have you tried the neti pot? It's not a cure all, but I think it really helps! Hope you feel better soon! xoxo

  7. Okay. So you are the most creative person I've ever witnessed! The way you transform ordinary objects into masterpieces of art just blows my mind away. The way you use color so powerfully to conjure feelings and set a mood. Each time I get to look at these beautiful portraits, it leaves a mark on my heart and brings life to my smile. Thank you so much for sharing your life with us. You are art. That is who you have become, just by being what you do. I hope you'll continue your candid expression. The work you do impacts so many. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.