Friday, January 29, 2010

birthday wishes: a list

my birthday is coming up in a few weeks and while i'm trying not to accumulate anything new in honor of the BIG road trip there are a few things I have my eye on especially for the trip. and no, i don't NEED need any of this but i think birthdays allow you to wish, don't they?

for starters, i think a nice big bag is in order and sure, i can make one myself, sort of but i could never make one as nifty as this one from fromnancy's etsy shop.

and since i'll be running around in the same dress or pair of jeans and handful of t-shirts. pantaloons or bloomers would add a little something extra plus keep my gifted legs happy and friction-free. this pair is from joyfulbydesign.

and to document all the amazing, nifty, quirky cool things we see, a girl can never have too many packs of fuji instax film, can she?

or maybe this little nifty 110 camera?

and especially this digital harinezumi which i am saving up for personally, along with a fancier camera with fancy whoozit whatsits. psst...anyone at Canon, Pentax or Nikon wanna sponsor me a camera for the non-techy type? please? i'll write all about it...;)

new tunes for the road, you can't have too many new tunes, right?

a new skill would be good. gotta keep crafty on the road. if only i knew how to crochet. i'm thinking maybe a class at Home Ec. is in order. wouldn't that be fun?

oh yeah, shoes. i have oodles of shoes but need that one perfect pair that will go with everything yet be super duper comfortable enough to hike all over and back again. i'm thinking i need to upgrade to an e pair of my favorite keens. this time, maybe in black and/or rust?


  1. yes- learn to crochet! you could do such lovely things with your color sensibility, and it's actually quite easy once you get the hang of it. :)

    happy upcoming b-day!

  2. A great list! I too want to learn to crochet...I have a couple of beginners books but alas...I need a pre-beginner book ;) xx

  3. Hope you get some cool stuff! That Sondre Lerche cd is on my wish list, too.

  4. bestest crochet tute around, go to Meet Me At Mikes & check out this post
    it will get you started & Granny squares are addictive

  5. Definitely learn to crochet - I'd love to see what you make - something bright, fun and colourful no doubt. I learnt in school when I was 10 or thereabouts and relearnt recently using Youtube. That might not be a bad place to start.

  6. I tried to be buy of those digital harinezumi cameras here in Fresno and found that NO ONE carries them. I was told, whether true or not, they must be ordered online. This is such a backwater place, though, I tend to disbelieve it.

  7. Here's to your birthday wishes coming true. You deserve each and every one.


    Fritzi Marie