Wednesday, October 28, 2009

a walk through my neighborhood

just because. i live in a pretty neat neighborhood. though it may be hollywood famous, that isn't why i love it so much. i'm not sure what it is. i do remember driving through when i was in highschool and having this moment of thinking..when i am an adult with a job, i can live anywhere i want to. i can live here! and lookie now...i do!my neighborhood is quite walkable. i can go to the library, the post office, a movie, a bookstore, a neato coffee & cake place...an art gallery or two...all sorts of places. we're a hop, skip & a jump from the subway which will take us to hollywood or downtown l.a. depending on which side of the platform we stand on.we our somewhat city centric but with the park nearby, we get all sorts of birds flying by. plus, The Observatory can be seen from our street and it looks so pretty. oh and don't forget the river. and the fountain. and...and...and...these pics are just little glimpses of my walk to and from the library early one morning before most people were awake.happy wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Love it. I think it's neat to see where people live. Maybe I'll photograph my next walk to the library :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photo ops in your area. Today would be the perfect day to go to the observatory....so clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very jealous. I so want to live in a walkable neighborhood. Oh, I can walk around my neighborhood, nice sidewalks and homes, but I can't get anywhere useful like the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey -- that last one would make a perfect pugly wed shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the walk through your neighbourhood...your post made me feel like I was walking along side of you sipping my chai latte...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post! My friends live in the same neighborhood and we always walk to dinner when I visit them.

    ReplyDelete