Sunday, December 07, 2008

The December Bed

December is a bittersweet month for me. This year marks the ninth anniversary of my mother's death. She adored Christmas more than glitter and that lady loved her some glitter. Christmas growing up was always full of familiar things and music and baking so I try my best to recreate all that goodness but it just isn't the same without Mamos. Making the bed is a new tradition for me that only remotely reminds me of Mamos as she was always hollering at me to make my bed. So, in tribute to her, the wonderfully funny Penelope, I give you my December bed.

4 comments:

  1. That's so sweet!
    I was missing your bed too much tough. I was guessing how it may look like in Christmas time, lol...
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet rememberance. I love the joyful colors of your bed. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea of so beautiful and colorful beds! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete