Wednesday, September 24, 2008

same old, same old...


It's now down to THE WIRE and I am determined to turn THE PAPER in today (or tomorrow) and I have discovered that I made (yet another) mountain out of a mole hill. Oh but I wouldn't be me if I didn't, right?

See, all I had to do was write the darn thing according to the directions but I forgot that whole directions part and thought I was writing a thesis or something and it grew and grew and became something bigger than it needed to be and I finally reread the samples my professor so nicely gave us way back when and I realized something. I could have written this in my sleep. It is just as she told me. It isn't something HUGE it is something to prove I get the technical aspects of paper writing and you know what? I didn't. I don;t play well with simple instructions. This is probably why I bomb so many tests. I know that the answers on the test reflect what we were told but I don't agree with them so I cannot answer and then I fail. I get this, I know this and I still whack myself over the head for my stubborness. Why can't I just follow instructions? This is why I don't feel comfortable in the real world. I'm not like most who flow around me. I don't fit in with appearances but I know that we are alike under the surface...at least enough alike that I am sure we can get along. So that is me in a nutshell. Overthinker stage left...

Seriously though, THE PAPER will be finished this week if not today. I may take a break to bake banana bread or stitch up some needle books or read a magazine because not only do I overthink but I am easily distracted by happy, pretty things. If you catch me online playing marble lines or the like, you have my permission to pinch me (real hard) and disconnect me from the internet. Feel free to catch me noodling about and wag those fingers and get me back on track. For now though, lookie at the prettiness I come up with when I should be writing THE PAPER...At least I know my faults...

No comments:

Post a Comment