Friday, August 08, 2008

What a week!

I'm at the end of a week long intensive class at my school. The class is on emergent curriculum As defined by John Dewey and our amazing professor has us crawling around the floor tapping into our wee selves. We have been three year olds, six year olds, nine year olds and well...all year olds. We've learned problem solving as children, group projects as children and we've pulled our own childhood and adult experiences to bring to the table as we immersed ourselves in emergent curriculum. It has bee an amazing trip and I am sad to see the week come to an end. I cannot even put into words all that I have learned but I must figure out how as I need to type, type, type a whooper of a paper and a self-evaluation for this class. I had better get off my bum as next week I will be in another week long intensive. That one will be on the foundations of teaching art to children. I can't wait! Seriously, my school? It is the best.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I think it is strange that I miss school. I see the kids getting ready for school. New crayons, pencils, notebooks. The making of bookcovers when they get home the first day. I really wish I could go to school too.

    ReplyDelete