Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Good Morning to You

good morningThe heat, the crazy heat is finally retreating. Last night however I slept most fitfully because of my sad unhappy heat hating feet. Boy howdy are they ugly right now! Risking a "too much info" moment I will share with you that I have eczema on my feet and if it is really hot and I am super stressed...my hands also. My poor, poor, flintstone feet. They are rife with unhappiness and so much ugliness. This is one of the main reasons why I stopped yoga a few months ago. I got sick then stressed then my feet grew barnacles. It was icky and uncomfortable and now I am doomed with these house guests of sorts who won't GO AWAY! My feet, they look frightful. Really frightful and then they just hurt. If you have eczema, you know what I am talking about. Wearing shoes has me wincing with each step. I hate wearing socks but the socks go on to protect them when I'm home and when the heat hits triple digits well...yeah. Anywhoo, I'm not complaining, not really, more like bitching because I didn't get any sleep and I can't wear any pretty shoes. The mourning dove on the bird clock just sang it's melancholy song so I am assuming it is seven in the morning which is a great time to be up. I however have been up since five or so yet I didn't stumble out of bed until six. I'm a groggy, groggy girl right now but the mister opened the bedroom shade and if you look in from the living room it is almost like a small spotlight is lit upon the bed, the sunshine is so pretty.

Today I start a new class at school. It is a required class and doesn't sound nifty like a class on Women in Art or Play, Language and Literacy. It does however sound like I may gain some useful skills like clarity in my thoughts and voice. It is a class on communication and while I'm nervous about what I may have to do, I am excited to continue with the process of finishing up my degree. I may graduate next year! Go me! I wish you all a lovely week and if I were any less groggy I would have written something a bit more musical than an ode to my icky feet. Happy Day!

3 comments:

  1. Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion (aloe scent) with a bit of Cortizone 10 Plus cream mixed in and a pair of soft socks do the trick for my eczema most days. This also works on my hands too.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i use the cortisone but not the cortizone 10. cool, i will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - my best friend has severe psoriasis so I so understand what you are saying about your poor poor feet! One of the things she does is put her socks in the freezer! I think she wets them first, puts them in the freezer, then covers her sore feet in the cream then put the cold socks on. I think a good strong anti-histamine used to help her sleep when it got unbearable too. Hope it settles down soon. Jacqui

    ReplyDelete