Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mary Ann Anderson 1913-2008

Oh Grandma, am I going to miss you! I will miss your childhood stories and Lithuanian songs. I will miss your young married life escapades with that "no good" dapper man, my grandfather. I will miss your proud words of my mother. I will miss your stories and giggles of your sisters and I will miss hearing about your alien abduction. You were a remarkable woman. You worked hard your whole life so that others could go to school and be taken care of. You worked hard to muddle through and you did it all on your own. I am so proud of you and I am sad for you. I am sad that you didn't get to become a nurse like you wanted. I am sad you closed yourself off from being hurt by others. You did well you did! From Woolworth's to Lockheed to The Walnut Growers of America, you worked hard, you worked long. Now it is time for you to live your dreams. May they be full of bright colors, giggles and song. Ninety-five years, ninety five. That is amazing. Your life and your stories and your memories helped to make me who I am today. Thank you Grandma. I love you.

19 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I can see your same bright spirit in her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending lots of warm thoughts your way - take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jessica! I am so so sorry. I know from reading your blog how much your grandmother meant to you. How lucky you were to have her for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. krissy2:56 PM

    Oh, I am so sorry. That was a beautiful tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your Gran, Jek. Thinking of you.

    x Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. There aren't any words more beautiful than those you've already spoken, my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very sorry, Jek. I loved reading about your relationship with your Grandma. What special memories you will have of her for years and years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Such a message of love. My heart is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. She sounds wonderful. Followed you here from flickr again.
    (gingirljen)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:54 AM

    sending you love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Jek, I am sorry to hear this news. I will miss your granny too. I could see from her pictures that her outer beauty was a reflection of what was in her soul.

    My most sincere condolences to you and your family in this time of loss. <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss. Beautiful tribute and photo. May we all age that beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm sorry. i always enjoyed your pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I´m so sorry!
    I loved the pictures of her and the short video on flickr ... she seemed to be a wise women with gentil eyes and a warm smile ... but she´ll be always with you whereever you are in your memories and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sorry for you loss, i happened upon your blog and read this lovely, achingly sweet post and it brought up so many feelings in me with my grandmother who is nearing the end of her life...what a beautiful picture and what beautiful words, my heart is with you ♥
    layla

    ReplyDelete
  16. celia1:37 AM

    What a sweet message for your grandma! I bet she was so proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet message for your grandma! I bet she was so proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete