Thursday, March 06, 2008

There's Something About Aqua

..or turquoise, baby blue, robyn's egg or whatever you wanna call it, that seems to make every other color out there brighter and more smile inducing. It truly goes with everything!

When I first painted my bedroom this color named South Seas, I imagined there would be an eye popping collection of red and aqua pretties spilling and dancing all over the place. Somehow a little bit of yellow snuck in and then a pinch of pink stayed behind. Suddenly, there was this brilliant purple lantern cozying up to my mother's antique green dress dummy, an enormous rusted dragonfly keeping watch over my bed and a mr. a-go-go who brought along his childhood cookie monster, a black art deco bureau and a collection of striped t-shirts. Somehow, it all works. I lean towards a yellow and brown picnic with tiffany blue skies but don't knock myself when orange polka-dots prevail. There's something about this pretty, punchy, soothing blue that makes my world seem like a fine, fine, place to be. I think I may attempt another summer quilt, this one with hints of green napping with yellow. I will make it myself except of course when my brain is on the verge of exploding, then and only then will I ask them mister to step in and perform his magic. What shade of blue inspires you these days?


  1. Such a pretty shade of blue. I love all shades of blue!

  2. I have always loved that color in your photos. I may use it for my office. :)

  3. 'South Seas' is the BEST name! I love the colour in your bedroom :)