Saturday, March 08, 2008

For myself, for you, for everyone...

lobster bowI love to wrap presents. I love to wrap presents so much so that I wrapped up a pile for myself on my birthday. I know, what? There's just something so delightful in a pretty stack of packages. On the one hand I struggle with the waste involved in gift wrap but on the other hand I think that if I can use materials I have or perhaps bring an extra dose of giddiness to someone's day, it is all okay. Either way, the idea that someone would take a moment to present something no matter how simple to another person, with a touch of care and kindness, change can be had. You can change a person's perspective, you can maybe sway a poor mood and you can maybe allow it to trickle through their actions and words which can carry a simple act even further...

What I mean is, taking a moment to do something kind and beautiful, whether it is for yourself, a friend or a stranger can change the outcome of any moment. So, instead of using the excuse of waking up on the wrong side of the bed, take a moment to do something nice for yourself. Use a pretty glass instead of the first one you touched. Place a sprig of something blooming within your view. Put on some lipstick even though you are in jeans and a t-shirt, hold the door open for someone, smile at another driver, tell your mother, sister, brother, husband or child that you like them (like is sometimes even better than love!). Make change happen, one random act of kindness at a time.

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you. Just doing something small, either for yourself or someone else, can make you and I'm sure the other person, feel so good and valued as a person.

    Is today your birthday? If it is have a great birthday!! I like your blog, your so energetic!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After that post, I would vote Jek for president! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you sherry! and helen, my friend...what would the world do if everyone was kind? I cannot imagine it, maybe I should start...love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep small things can make someone's day!

    love the lobster ribbon!

    ReplyDelete