Friday, February 15, 2008

sigh

Yesterday was a busy day. I got all gussied up for the holiday and took silly pictures. I also made some cupcakes and some homemade cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I then hit the library and merrily went my way to class. I've got a big time research paper due and I need to come up with a topic. Yikes!

Now, it's almost three in the afternoon and I have done nothing all day. Nothing productive mind you, it's not like I was simply sitting on the couch looking at my sock monkey collection. Though, truthfully, there was much sitting on the couch as I am feeling halfway run over by something large like an SUV or something. I'm not having an agreeable moment with all the ick and sickishness that is floating about the neighborhood. Everyone seems to be coming down with the ick or ending the ick or in the middle of it all. The hacking I am hearing is enough to make me hide in the bathtub. If only my bathtub were nice and didn't drain so quickly. I'm in that purgatory of not being sick but not feeling good. It must be a lot like how my mamos felt all her life. Not fun, I'm telling you. Not fun.

Today I did however, wash the dishes and watch this movie. I also read this magazine and looked at this book. I think I will sit on the floor now and organize my fabric stacks or maybe I will snuggle back into the sofa with this movie and one of these.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:00 AM

    Poor Jekkie - but don't forget - that it's really very OK to just blob and blah out on the sofa and bed if that is what your body and brain needs. No guilt - just do it.

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    x Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. we got some yukky stuff floating around our family, too - pretty blah! but looking at your sock monkeys - wow, what a beautiful collection - they cheered me right up. love that someone else labels the monkey's butt - ha - i feel better already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jek, just wanna let you know you just got a "you make my day" award! Coz you always make me smile! :+) To pass on the award, check my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete