Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pretty. Productive.

It is super chilly in the casa and I am wearing two pairs of socks. I hate wearing shoes in the casa. Outside, the sky is crisp and blue and everything is just so pretty.

My dear Mamos passed away eight years ago today and while my brain clicks on the date, my spirits are high. Mamos loved Christmas and today I plan on making it happen here in the tiny casa. I will snack festively, wear something fun (even if it is santa lobster socks) and I will wrap presents, listen to holiday tunes, bake cookies and make some ornaments.

I am feeling motivated! Already I have washed three loads of laundry and documented three new projects for scrumdilly-do! I cleaned off the dining table but then piled stuff up on top of it again. I have sipped two cups of coffee with eggnog added and breakfasted on tangerines and gingerbread. Who said anything about it being a healthy day? Ooh and I received a fabulous fabric order from Sew Mama Sew. Yikes! So much goodness, I am still swooning from it. Pictures soon. I promise.

Gotta get cracking on scarves, gifts and a bit more cleaning. Happy Wednesday folks. Hug your loved ones for me, okay?

3 comments:

  1. Big hugs for you, lobster girl! I'm sure your Mamos is watching you and loving the fact that you're happy today, bouncing around in your Santa Lobster (!!) socks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxanne7:00 PM

    On January 5 it will be 8 years since my dad passed away. This can be a crummy time of year, so thanks for reminding me to take the time to enjoy the good things like Santa Lobsters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. susan b.9:41 PM

    big hugs from me too! I'm glad you are having such a nice and creative anniversary.

    xo

    ReplyDelete