Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's all in the packaging

b&w lucky parcel swap sent: packaged
I'm pretty sure I like swaps mostly because I like making things pretty and then taking pictures. My newest addiction is the Lucky Parcels Swap over at Fabric Addicts Anonymous. I think it is because all that creativity makes it more challenging. I want my packages to be up to par and of course I already have soooo many baubles and bits, why not share them? Up above are the packages I put together for the black and white swap. My blue packages were not so pretty but then I saw Barbara's and Denise's and well...I swooned. I keep thinking if only I can prettify my shop packages more people would buy but maybe that is just wishful thinking. I really like what I make but it seems perhaps I'm just ahead of what people are liking? It always seems that way. After I feel totally defeated, I stop making whatever it is/was like my monkee faces and my jekbots and then WHAM! There are monkeys and robots everywhere. My newest items will be posted soon. I hope...I guess I should make at least one of each so that I have pretty pictures to woo those Felt Clubby peoples so that they will certainly need my style of goodies for the big to do in November...hint hint.

Time for me to make more playdough..we're making sculptures today.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're loving the Lucky Parcels! I think they're fab as we get to share our crafty materials, and I've used so many bits and pieces from the parcels I've received so far. Yay!

    I think it must be difficult to sell a lot on Etsy because there's so so so much stuff on there, competition is fierce. Keep doing what you do Jek, I love your stuff and I'd love to see jekbots again!
    The key does seem to be exposure and promotion...so good luck for Felt Club.
    Can't wait to see the newest addition to your shop!

    ReplyDelete