Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Monday, Monday


Today is my first day of teaching art to wee ones. I can't wait. I also woke up early and finished my essay for Pacific Oaks. You had to write about an important event in your life. I wrote about Joey and the pig. And yes, it made me cry all over again. Sheesh! That little boy is now 15 or so. I wonder where he is?

Yesterday was non-stop busy-ness. I baked, I cooked, I cleaned, I crafted and I even watched some Gilmore Girls and read a few magazines. I don't mean to offend anyone when I write this, but Cookie Mag is a joke. It's ridiculous and elitist and I'm embarrassed I signed up for a cheap subscription oh so long ago. Oh well. You win some and you lose some. If there was anything inspiring it would be great but mostly it is just about where you can rent a villa for your family and lookie this adorable $200 sweater for your kidlet. Yikes! Oh, what did I bake? I baked chocolate chip pumpkin bars. Sooo good and for dinner I made BBQ tofu sandwiches on whole wheat bread with garden fresh lettuce and tomatoes. On the side we had a white bean salad and super sweet watermelon. I was quite proud of myself. It was the first time I tried freezing the tofu first. Sooo good!

This week is another week of visiting. Tomorrow I have a cupcake date with a new-never-before-met flickr friend and Thursday will be lunch with the Leets at The Weiner Factory. Friday is an overdue day with the Witch-Lady and Saturday will be breakfast with another flickr friend and hopefully a midnight viewing of Rock N' Roll High School. Oh and work of course.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Why stop at "Rock n' Roll High School", when you could also see, "Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks", and "The Sinful Dwarf"?

    Looking forward to seeing you and Mr. A-Go-Go on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about Cookie Mag. I keep waiting and waiting for it to get better--but definitely part of the problem is that it is clearly geared toward zillionaires. Yep.

    ReplyDelete