Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It's still Ice Cream Month!

Last year I had planned to post all sorts of ice cream facts, fun and recipes. Sadly there was a loss in our family and everything changed. I still want to do a big ice cream bonanza but this year I just got too busy. I did manage to eek out a moment to do this and even take pictures of it cuz ya know it is just so purdy!
chocolate dipped pretzels: mess
Don't ya think? Chocolate dipped pretzel sticks in a pretty bowl of vanilla ice cream would make any ice cream moment that much more festive, this is soooo easy to do, even kidlets can do it!

All ya need is some pretzel sticks, chocolate, microwave proof bowl, wax paper, cookie sheet , freezer and sprinkles. That's it! You can heat your chocolate in a pan on the stove but if you are pressed for time the microwave does wonders! I used half a bag of Trader Joe's Semi-sweet chips. Popped them into the microwave until they were melted, added some cinnamon and stirred. I dipped the sticks into the melted heaven and plopped them onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Once all the chocolate was mostly used up, I added sprinkles to a bunch of the sticks and stuck the whole thing into the freezer to set. Once they were set, I let them set for about 40 minutes but I think they were done in 15..I kind of forgot I was making them, pop them into a plastic bag or sealed container and you are good to go!

Today I will have more adventures on the subway which I completely forgot to write about last week. There was a lot going on last week. Wish me luck and have a happy Wednesday!


  1. Good luck! Sorry to hear that you have experienced a loss recently. I love that you keep putting one foot in front of the other whatever may stand in your way. Thanks (as always) for the cheerful inspiration!

  2. Thank you my friend. It was a year ago when Mr. A-go-go's father passed. We all just keep moving forward, one step at a time.

  3. oooh I have less than a week left to take advantage of the ice creamy goodness of it all! I feel a field trip out to get some ice cream sundaes in my future. (for Elliot of course) lol ;)

    miss you sweetness! :) cant wait to see you agian!

  4. you should see what elliot can do with a sundae and NO spoon! ;)