Thursday, June 14, 2007

Yummy Cupcakes

A couple of weeks ago when the lady Jenny and I hit the thrift stores on Thrifty Tuesday we stopped for cupcakes at Yummy Cupcakes in Burbank. I had been there once before but wasn't exactly keen on the experience. I was up for another go so we headed inside. It was so pretty with all the cupcakes every-which-way and the jars and jars of candles and stuff. I asked if I could take pictures and was introduced to Tiffany, the owner. We got to chatting and I had told her with a little wince and a cringe how my first Red Velvet from them was unsatisfying. She apologized and later, as I was checking out, she offered up a Red Velvet on the house and this one was much more satisfying than that first one I had. This one was moist and of a perfect texture and all the rest were just as yummy. My only complaint, which really isn't a complaint is that the frosting is too much. I'm a light-on-the-frosting kind of gall so I could have done without but after experiencing weeks and weeks of low customer service everywhere I turned, it was so nice and refreshing to meet and greet with the owner and have her be real. Thank you Tiffany! I'm hoping more and more choose Yummy Cupcakes for their sugar fix! Oh, and the one on top is a Lemon Tart! I also got the classic Yummy Cupcake and a Happy Day.


  1. I am new to your blog and I am loving it. Great pics and fun little peeks into your life. :) Thanks!

  2. I am quite the envious one! All that cupcake joy! I don't have any local sources of cupcake excitement at all. Hooray for cupcakes!

  3. Hey there. I love your blog-- I stumbled across it when I found that you had mentioned a necklace you bought from me (the garden snail one) on it-- thank you for the shout out!

    I'm relatively new to blogging and I just started one for my crafting recently:

    I'm wondering if you would mind me linking to yours? It's so cute and fun!

    Let me know what you think=)



  4. Hi, I've been visiting your blog for quite a while but I don't think i've commented before.

    Anyway, I have to ask:

    Saw the pic of the Red Velvet from the official website.

    Why is it called Red Velvet when it's not even red? :p

  5. thank you, thank you!

    cerebrator, maybe the picutre just looks like it isn't red since the red velvet I got from them was a deep dark red...

    rachel, yay! I love the necklace and will check out your sight! Link away and your link may pop up here also!

    steph-zel, looks like you need to make your own cupcake excitement!

    stephanie, thank you fo the nifty words!

    may you all have a scrumdillyumscious day!