Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thrifty Tuesday (sadly with no photos)

Yay! I get to do a Thrifty Tuesday post a la Jenny. Today, Jenny and I hit two of my old time favorite thrift stores. They're not so nifty anymore but we did manage to score a wee bit. Check it out!

I got a stack of mostly vintage kid's books for ninety-five cents each. My favorite here is the Story Wagon school reader followed by the Puppet Story version of Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush.

Next up I scored these three vintage tablecloths! Aren't they super nifty? The pinky salmon one has chickens all over it and the floral rose cloth is just fabulous. There are a few stains but still worth it for $2.50! Oh and the green and yellow tablecloth is just so retro fabulous. I love it! Jenny scored some awesome goodies also. Including a most fabulous pyrex bowl (I wish I had seen it first!) and some awesome vintage fabric.

These nifty blocks came in their own wooden box. I'm not sure what i am going to do with them but they make me smile. So cute!
Last up, I picked up three books from The Bookshelf for Boys and Girls. Published in 1962, they have the most fabulous end papers ever! I got volumes 5, 6, and 7. One is on art, one is on science and the other is on "things to make and do"!

After all the thrifting we hit up Yummy Cupcakes to see if they had improved since my first visit which I suppose isn't really fair to say since they weren't all bad just a little dry. I got to talk to Tiffany, the owner and she gave me a Red Velvet cupcake to "make up" for the not so fab one I got a couple years ago. More pictures and cupcakey posting coming up tomorrow. I need a break from all the sugar but in case you are reading Ms. Tiffany, this one was in no way dry! Thank you again for the yumminess!


  1. simone11:04 PM

    Wow! Those are awesome scores! Mmmm...

  2. awesome! I wonder if those books were a precursor of the Childcraft library? I loved the Make and Do volume of that one, and just scored one at a thrift shop recently

  3. Lovely finds, all! It's fun having thrifting companions, isn't it? That's something I'm lacking right now...sigh.

  4. What wonderful tablecloths! I love the Hundred Dresses! Itssuch a great story!