Thursday, April 26, 2007

Making the bed


There's nothing like a brand spanking new quilt to get you to make the bed. It presents for a better picture, makes the room look a little less messy and is just oh so inviting. This picture makes me want to roll all over the quilt which I do, often. It's done! Ain't it purdy? Mr.A-go-go is just the most dandy man I know. So much talent and creativity sits there under the surface. He is generally pretty quiet and when I first met him I thought he was too straight laced for me but boy howdy, was I wrong! I wish I could put into words the conversations we have. They are pretty much nonsensical and I laugh all too often. Words cannot describe. So, back to the quilt. The fabric is a hodgepodge of what I had on hand, what people sent me and a couple of pieces from vintage clothes I once wore. To round it out I picked up a couple of half yards of Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy from last spring. The batting came from a GIANT roll we scored from Mr.A-go-go's work and while it is not cotton it is recycled and it was free so there. The quilt is machine quilted in a geometric box style whatever that means and we backed the whole shabang with a brown sheet. Mr.A-go-go made ties for the whole thing using alternating polkadot fabric. It is a quilt topped duvet cover and I'm in lurve with it! Next up I will attempt some sort of patchwork shenanagin. I'm reading The Quilts of Gee's Bend which I have looked at in the past but now the stories make me all swooney for their history. Gotta skeedaddle, I'm off to Tinker soon. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it so so much! It's so beautiful and inspiring. Please tell Mr. A-Go-Go the same!

    and good luck at Tinker, can't wait to hear more...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that quilt so much! one of these days i'll have to put all the fabric scraps i've been saving into good use and make my own damn quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out the Tinker website. Looks like a perfect match to me. Crossing my fingers for you just the same. The quilt is awesome. Big ups to Monsieur A-Gogh-Gogh. I am also mulling over the bird five things swap. Can't believe we're in in different groups. (pouting)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post, it's so evident that you adore Mr A-Go-Go, which is so lovely!
    Quilt is ace...I'd love a close up of the quilting technique, as I'm making a quilt at the moment which is basically rectangles, so I'd like to check out "geometric box style" as I'm gonna have to machine quilt mine.
    Have fun tinkering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a quilt top duvet cover, that's such a great idea! looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete