Thursday, March 29, 2007

Okay, I admit it...

pink w.i.p: horseys and bunnies oh my!

I'm in over my head in regards to crafty obligations and swaps. It may help for me to write these thigns down as I forget what I sign up for and who I agree to for a personal swap and then suddenly I am behind on a few and have forgotten some more and I end up running around in circles in this tiny tiny casa leaving a trail of buttons and threads and scissors behind me. Has anyone seen the fabric scissors? I can't find them.

Currently I have put on the back burner a personal swap with two fabulous peeps. I have the purchased stuff tucked away in their very own ziploc on the kitchen table which resembles anything but a table but I still need to put it all together with some pizazz! I have a birthday present for Lalu, my oldest bestest gal in a bag on the floor under the ironing board. Her birthday was in February! I have two sister birthdays coming up on the same day, Saturday and haven't mailed one or started the other not to mention the April coloriffic which is mostly done...it needs packaging. Oh and then there are the "surprise" packages that I have been thinking of sending out. One of them is from last year! Call me Susan Powter but STOP THE MADNESS! Sheesh! Do any of you do this too?

I hate when I get behind but I hate that I hate it so much that it leaves me all kerfungled and such. So today, I have a plan to cross a bunch of stuff off the list. Today I actually thank the Stacey lady for canceling on our lunch date because now I have no excuse not to finish up some stuff.

Pictured up at top is a peek at the work in progress part of my contribution to the Pink swap over at 5 things. There's something about a pink bunny wielding an axe that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Happy Thursday folks!

8 comments:

  1. I do this all the time. Sometimes it is with gift giving ect and then sometimes it is with committing my time to other things (teaching yoga, attending a party)

    remembering that it all is because we are giving and huge hearted people helps to bring me back in though.. :)
    sometimes a late giftee is even better then one that is on time I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am quite guilty of this! (Imagine that!) I get excited and then life and work gets crazy busy - or we decide we need to move quick-bang - and viola! I'm wicked behind.

    I haven't seen your fabric scissors. If I do, I'll let you know. If I were to guess, I'd say they're in a bag of scrap material in a bin in the corner. If you find a big bag of money so I can quit my day job, take a few handfuls and then let me know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally do this, there are so many projects to be done. The best of intentions...what do they say about those? Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm with you! yep over commitment! I just get sooo excited about things. I've stopped swapping until I get the build up out the way

    ReplyDelete
  5. phew! i'm not alone! what i hate most is when i'm super behind and then the person i am to send to sends their package. i won;t open it until i've sent mine but still...yike, can you guess what was on my doorstep today? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so easy to over extend myself because sometimes I forget the word no exists in the English language. Love those little horses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HappyKittyBunnyPony! I ADORE the chainsaw weilding bunny! Try not to stress about being behind, the other option is to not participate in life so much and who wants that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I know ho wyou feel. It is a royal pita.

    ReplyDelete