Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Pancake Day!

I have to tell you I am obsessed with the pancake song...check it out on scrumdilly-do!

february swaporama: p.w.
My birthday is coming up this week and I am going to be one year older...one year closer to the big 4-0 and while I don't think that is old, I DO think it is utterley surreal. I don't feel like a grown-up. How could this be happening? Sigh. No booth party this year especially since the booth is gone. I had wanted to throw myself a Pee-Wee party and force everyone to make me a Pee-Wee Herman portrait of sorts. I have been trying to do this for 7 years and nothing! I have 2 Pee-Wee portraits, one swapped and one purchased and I have a faux photostrip, shrine and those nifty picks up there! I think I need more. Not that I'm fishing (well, I'm sort of fishing) cuz really while I love gifts, I always feel overwhelmed by the gesture. Not so sound all weepy and pathetic but birthday bashes never really worked out for me until I did the booth parties. My best gal ROOMIE and I have our birthdays 1 day apart and we decided to throw ourselves a 30th b-day bash and NO ONE showed up! NO ONE! We were pathetic...it was kind of funny but gee folks...NO ONE showed up! So, this year I have decided to nip the weepiness in the bud and do nothing. No expectations, maybe a booth trip for me and Mr.a-go-go but no partay. This way, when a card shows up I will be delighted! Oh, speaking of cards, I got my first birthday card last week. It was from the Red Cross whishing me a Happy Birthday and then asking me to come back and give blood! Hee-hee! I will. I just won't do the blood mobiles anymore, the young people with needles are a little too pokey for my taste but soon, I promise, my blood will be yours. So, cough cough, nudge nudge, wink wink...if you're feeling up to it and happen to feel posessed enough to whip up a Pee-Wee portrait and have no idea what to do with it, you can send it my way...or you can help me out with the camera fund....I have paypal...a buck is all ya need to lose....shameless, yes I am! Oh, and then there is always my wishlist...

2 comments:

  1. When is your birthday? Mine is the 27th, and I am going to be 45 which I am finding hard to believe. Enjoy your 30's while you're there, and just think, it could be worse. You could be pushing 50- heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine is tomorrow the 23rd...i'm not freaking out about the number thogh just how it doesn't feel like i'm older. i still feel like an awkward kid, ya know? happy alost birthday to you! go pisces!

    ReplyDelete